Friday, October 31, 2008

Eureka Springs 2008




When we head to Branson we like to include in our visit a trip to Eureka Springs. It is one fun place to window shop and explore the town, architecture, nature, and springs. I'm not sure how many natural springs exist in this 'little Switzerland' as it is known, but there are certainly a plethora of bubbling springs all over. The trip to Eureka Springs which is located in the Arkansas Ozark mountains is a blast. I love driving the roads. Once when I had a slower car in front of me on a back country road I actually pulled in to a driveway, turned around, went back a mile or so to give me the chance to drive the route at a more thrilling speed. Who needs roller coasters? The town of Eureka Springs boasts more marriages in a year than anywhere in Arkansas. The architecture of the town is a blast.







Almost every building is well cared for and painted in different ice cream parlor colors. If you ever head down that direction of the country make sure you include this town in your itinerary.

This link tells a bit about the history of the town. http://www.eureka-springs-arkansas.com/Local_History.html

1 comment:

The Woodlands said...

It looks like there is also a plethora of wind chimes. Sometimes I wonder what my house would look like in a rich purple color... Hmmm.