Monday, April 7, 2008

Riding the Metro



Hey Everyone! Yesterday Dad and I introduced our fellow travelers to the D.C. Metro. They took to it like ducks to water and were riding it like natives in no time at all. (How do you like these fancy pictures Dad and I played with this morning?) We went to the Natural History Museum and the Museum of Space and Flight. Catherine really liked the gems and minerals but we didn't go near the taxidermy exhibits in the Mammals area. I didn't mind at all - I'd already seen it all - so I hung out with her while Dad and Abraham hung with Grandma. We didn't get to spend very much time in the Space and Flight Museum because for various reasons it was time to quit. (Nobody minded this, we were all getting pretty tired.) It was the most crowded I've ever seen the place. I guess with it being the weekend and rainy and the cherry blossoms being on and everything the general population of the D.C. area converged on the museums for the day. We listened to Saturday sessions of conference on the way up and the way back. They were really good and it helped the drive to pass much more quickly.

2 comments:

The Woodlands said...

You guys are so funny and I like the pictures (Don't quit your day job, Dad). Sounds like you are keeping busy. I hope you guys get some sun soon.

Faith said...

Cherry blossom season is really popular down there, so it makes things busy. But hey, you get to see the cherry blossoms so it's worth it huh. Yea!